4330 Black Gold Drive
Leduc, AB T9E 3C3
Welcome to Fragapalooza, a 4 Day NON-STOP Video Gaming Extravaganza Event, put on by Gamers for Gamers! It's a bring your own Computer/Console (with games) event where we provide you a venue, seat, table, network, internet and power for all your gaming needs with hundreds of other people doing the exact same thing! There's tournaments, prizes, fun times and great gaming to be had by all!
Register Today and then Purchase a Seat to attend!
And its finally here - T-Shirts and Merchandise Sales up in the Store!
So we have released our Merchandise sales for your purchase. These are pre-orders that you can pick up at the event. If you have already purchased your seat, no worries, just start a new Purchase in the Store, select your items, complete your order and we'll have it there for you at the event.
Cut-Off for Merchandise Orders will be July 9, 2017 @ Midnight
Why you ask? Well we have to get all the little monkeys in order to put that order in, so you can have your items by August 10, 2017 at the event!
What is for sale?
- Plain T-Shirts - Fragapalooza 2017 Imagery
- Embroidered T-Shirts (with your Gamer Tag custom embroidered on it) - Fragapalooza 2017 Imagery
NOTE: there is a slight extra charge for XXL and XXXL.
As we get closer to Fragapalooza 2017 you might be wondering where you get to sit! We're happy to announce that the new seating chart has been posted with seat selection available starting July 1st. If you are part of a large group/clan of 8 or more and want to make sure you can sit together send us a request for a reserved area and we'll see what we can do for you.
We also want to remind anyone who has purchased Clan Packs of seats that they can transfer their extra seats through the seating page and all seats must be transferred to their final recipients before arriving at Frag. In order to transfer a seat to another user, all you need is that user's Frag ID which they can locate in their profile.
This is also a reminder that Early Bird prices will continue until end of day July 9th, so don't delay - get your tickets now!
We have added Merch to the store that will be available for purchase also until the end of day July 9th, so don't delay - get your hats, shirts and hoodies today!
Sponsorship - City of Leduc offers even more!!!!
The City of Leduc has been a huge sponsor of Fragapalooza since we moved there in 2010. The Leduc Recreation Centre and the City of Leduc have hosted many of us in a great facility and with open arms! This year the City of Leduc is also offering us use of their Fiber network for Internet, making gaming online even better for everyone! We are very excited to see what it can do!!!
Sponsorship - i.d. apparel for merchandise!
We are again working with i.d. apparel for our Fragapalooza merchandise sales, posting up soon for sale. We were pleased with what we were able to get last year, and hope you were too!
Sponsorship - Cisco makes network good!
Its been Fragapalooza's pleasure to work with Cisco for many years, and we are very pleased they can help us out again. Cisco will be providing us with the best-in-biz network to run the event for all your gaming needs!
Sponsorship - NAIT is up to the task!
NAIT Comes back for another year in a span of MANY years sponsoring Fragapalooza. This year they will be helping us out with Projectors, Screen, Digital Signage, TVs, and a kick-butt PA system.
A new spring has sprung, new shows are airing, new games have launched, and a new year of frag is... fragifying? Planning for this year's event is underway, and what better way to do that than by announcing our first official partners for this year!
SmartyPantz Escape Rooms has joined with us to help bring you guys an even better 2017! Whether you are an Escape Room novice or Junkie, their highly immersive escape rooms are quite the experience for all. As an added bonus to Fragapalooza attendees, they are offering a 10% discount. Now would be a perfect opportunity to try something new!
Best 20 Year Fragapalooza Event Evah!
Its been just over a month since the Fragapalooza 20th Year Event ended, and our Staff/Volunteers are just now recovered! And what an event it was; FUN, GAMES, TOURNAMENTS, SPONSOR, PRIZES and some of the best Gamers/People you will ever meet!
Sponsors, we thank you!
- Axe Music
- Brew Games
- City of Leduc
- ExtraLife Edmonton
- i.d. apparel
- Memory Express
- Papa Johns (Leduc)
Volunteers, you're the best!
Along with our Sponsors, our Volunteers make Fragapalooza possible. Without your dedication, determination, hard work and great effort we could not put on any Fragapalooza, let alone the big 20th Year Event. Hats off to you on behalf of all Staff and Participants!!!
And if anyone is looking to volunteer for next years event, be sure to stay tuned for the call out again in the months leading up to Fragapalooza 2017.
And of course, the Participants - we love you all!!!!!
Its for the gamers that we put on this event, gamers doing it for gamers! Its your support and registrations that help make this happen and its all for you! We hope to see you all again next year and thanks again for your continued participation in Fragapalooza!
Thanks again to everyone and remember Registration is Open for Fragapalooza 2017! Get your Seat today!
Gotta tak'em all!
Around 8:30 PM, August 6, which ever faction has the gym at the LRC gets draw(s) for prizes. 1 Prize if Blue or Red, two prizes if Yellow has it. Those that own the pokemon in the Gym at around that time will be entered into the prize draw!
Kosmos joins us again
Kosmos Restaurant and Lounge is sponsoring Fragapalooza 2016 and we are so happy they are with us again. Check out their Menu and Pamphlets on the Head Stage for a wide variety of Delicious Entrees.
Can you survive till the end?!
Friday, August 5 @ 12:30 PMish we'll be running a Murder Ball tourney of last man standing for anyone to enter. Prizing and RvB points on the line. Listen for an announcement and come out for some target practice!
Menus and Pamphlet
Kosmos has dropped off their Menus and Pamphlets for us check out for another food option. You will find both at Registration during the day and always on the front of the Stage.
IRC, FP Group
Looking to find people to game with? Want to blast for others? Try our internal IRC server, irc.fp.ca or use our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/2259454385/?ref=bookmarks.
Have money, want stuffs?
This year we have extra Merchandise on sale at the event. If you missed getting your pre-orders in come up to the head table to check into what we have to sell, CASH ONLY! Here is what we have for sale (while quantities last):
- Hats (20 Years) = $30
- Mugs = $20
- Mouse Pads = $15
- 2015 Special Edition
- Team Read
- Team Blue
- Team Shirts = $35
- Red: Medium - XXL
- Blue: Medium - XXL
- Hoodie = $50
- Black: Medium - XL, XXL
- Grey: Medium - XXL
- FP 2016 Shirts = $35
- Black: Small - XXL
- Grey: Medium, XL
Come get them all before the quantities run out!
Shaw will be running a N64 SmashBros tournament at 2pm Today it will be 1v1v1v1. You can sign up at the SHAW booth which you can find by its big blue tent. Also they will be giving away a free month of internet to the winner! So, free stuff and games what's not to like?
League will be starting presently! The brackets can be found here. If you have questions, please come up!
Build it and we will come
This year we are replacing our annual Photoshop contest with a Minecraft Created Mode contest. The details are below, and will be judged by FP Staff and Prizing given away at Closing Ceremonies.
- Server: minecraft.fp.ca
- Basic Textures (Vanilla) for Judging
- Claim a plot of unclaimed land - go to town
- Creative Mode
- PC Only - Classic Minecraft (Not Microsoft Store Version) - this is a limitation of the server software
- One Plot per Minecraft Login
- /plot claim (claims plot currently in)
- /plot auto (claims the nearest unclaimed plot)
- /plot visit [login name] (teleport to plot owned by person - including yours)
So get your creative juices flowing and see what you can come up with!
Forza Time Trial Tournament
Microsoft and Fragapalooza are jointly running a Forza Time Trial Tournament. They are located on the North part of the Venue, with a Wheel and Forza. Here are the rules for the tournament:
- Track: Mazda Laguna Seca
- Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
- Suggested Line: Off
- Braking: ABS Off
- Steering: Simulation
- Traction & Stability: Off
- Shifting: Manual
- Damage Etc: Cosmetic
- Rewind: Off
Best two times over the course of the event will get a prize (1st and 2nd place Prizing, sponsored by Microsoft). There is no limit to the amount of tries you can make, but you must stick to the above conditions. Good luck!
Sleeping at the Event?
If you plan on staying in the venue to sleep, we have very limited sleeping availability. You will be able to sleep on the North side of the Venue (by the Co-op High Performance sign), but depending on demand for participant seating we may need to move you. The other location is on the second floor, behind the stage and tiered stadium seating. If you are sleeping here, please make sure to push your belongings right against the railing when not there to leave room for people to move closest to the wall.
Otherwise check out these options for accommodations, including camping just outside the venue: https://www.fragapalooza.com/joomla/index.php/news/2016-event-news/117-accommodations
Good Eats, Local Treats
Moo's Sports Louge is the new restaurant located in the LRC second floor. They have setup special pricing for all Fragapalooza 2016 participants at 10% off the regular menu for anyone with a Fragapalooza 2016 ID Tag, as well as they will have daily specials located at the restaurant for your consuming pleasure. Check 'em out at the event for all your local needs at this great price!
Microsoft joins us at Fragapalooza!!!
Microsoft is sponsoring Fragapalooza 2016 with some great prizes and tournaments!!! We are very thrilled to have them at the event this year and we know they are bringing their game with them! They will be onsite with XBox Ones and games to play as well as Tournaments to sign-up for! Halo, Killer Instinct, Forza are all on the docket thanks to Microsoft. See you at the event and check out the Microsoft Store in West Edmonton Mall if you get a chance!
Play Hard, Sleep Well, Play Some More!
Fragapalooza is a 4 day, NON-STOP event, but even the best of us have to crash and burn only to get back up to play some more! Well there are a few options we have put together to help you out with the crash part, letting you get the best sleep you can with the options below:
- Camping - The Leduc Recreation Centre (LRC) has a camping area just North of the main building (in fact its just exactly North of the Fragapalooza Event itself!), just within a small walking distance. The area is a Gravel section, where Garbage Bins will be provided by the LRC. While there aren't any hookup facilities, you are welcome to bring your Tents, Trailers, and RVs to stay in the area, and the Fragapalooza venue does offer Team Locker rooms with onsite showers. NOTE: this area is first come first serve, and may be shared with other events happening in the area at the same time.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport and Conference Centre (1100 4 St, Nisku, AB T9E8E2) - Just a short cab ride to the LRC, this location is offering specific discounts for Fragapalooza 2016 Participants. Use their online booking system, or call 780.979.0839 to book your suites (Map: https://goo.gl/maps/EtYfqcvRaTA2). They are offering: $109.49 + Tax per room per night based on 1-4 guests, including full hot breakfast daily in the restaurant.
- Days Inn Edmonton Airport (5705 50 St, Leduc, AB T9E 6Z8) - Also a short cab ride to the LRC, this location is offering discounts to all Fragapalooza 2016 Participants. Use their online booking system (use code LBBG), or call 780.986.6550 to book your suites (Map: https://goo.gl/maps/JHLKDMTWeW32). They are offering: $109.99 + Tax per room per night.
- Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites (5207 50th Ave, Leduc, AB T9E 6V3) - Another a short cab ride to the LRC, this location is offering discounts to all Fragapalooza 2016 Participants. Use their online booking system (use code DISC01), or call 780.986.2241 to book your suites (Map: https://goo.gl/maps/eaxmpzG6UWy). They are offering: $109.99 + Tax per room per night.
- At the Event - The North part of the seating plan shows a small area that can be used to put down single sized sleeping bags/beds, but is limited to first come first serve, and may be subject to removal should the event need more seating for participants. As you can tell already we are a pretty full venue this year, so while we hope this area will be available for this use, we cannot guarantee that to be so!
NOTE: While you may find lots of areas that look appealing to drop your sleeping gear down to rest with, we unfortunately are limited to the LRC's Soccer Pitch area where the Fragapalooza event itself is held, and won't be able to offer any other areas in the LRC for sleep accommodations. Please keep this in mind when planning your stay while at the event.
Hope this helps you out in your search for that pillow to rest a gamer's head on, but don't rest too long lest you miss out on all the fun!!!!