Tournament Announcement! Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Singles
August 5th 6 PM MDT
IMPORTANT - Players MUST be registered as a Fragapalooza attendee as well to be eligible for prizing https://www.fragapalooza.com/index.php, and on https://smash.gg/tournament/fragapalooza-s-25th-anniversary-1/event/ultimate-singles/overview for brackets
Start Time - Thursday August 5, 6:00PM Mountain Time
For additional information or questions contact the Smash Ultimate organizer @Harmonia in the Frag Discord (Or on Twitter at @AcoustcHarmonia) - https://discord.com/invite/Fragapalooza
The tournament will be streamed at https://www.twitch.tv/acousticharmonia
Format - This tournament will be a Double Elimination Best of 3 event. Semifinal matches and up will play Best of 5 with the possibility of a Bracket Reset in Grand Finals.
Not every game can be streamed, but if you and your opponent would like to be on stream please let Harmonia know and we’ll see if there’s time to slot you in! We can’t guarantee everyone who wants to be on stream will be able to, but we’ll see what we can do!
All games in the Winners Quarter-Finals and up as well as Losers Semi-Finals and up will be streamed on Twitch (preferably Losers Quarterfinals as well but we can miss some if we need to have the bracket move faster). So for these rounds please wait for your turn on stream. Any games started off-stream for these rounds will be considered practice.
- Starter: Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Town & City |
- Counterpick: Kalos Pokemon League, Small Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story
- 3 Bans
Stages will be chosen by conventional stage banning rulesets: If both players can agree on a Starter Stage then they will begin Game 1 on that stage, otherwise it will go to a coin flip. The winner of the coin flip bans 1 of the 5 Starter Stages, the loser of the coin flip then bans 2 of the Starter Stages, then the coin flip winner chooses the stage from the 2 remaining Starter Stages. After Game 1 the Counterpick Stages are now added to the pool of available stages (making 8 total available stages now). After each game the winner of the last game can ban up to 3 Stages, and the loser of the last game can choose any stage from the remaining 5.
If that doesn’t make sense, here’s a tutorial on Stage Selection/Banning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_DOodWI90
Game Settings - The following settings will be used for all games played as part of this tournament
- 3 Stock
- 7 Minutes
- Final Smash Meter: Off
- Spirits: Off
- Damage Handicap: Off
- Stage Selection: Anyone
- Items: Off and None
- First to: 1 Win
- Stage Morph: Off
- Stage Hazards: Off
- Team Attack: On
- Launch Rate: 1.0x
- Underdog Boost: Off
- Pausing: Off
- Score Display: Off
- % Show Damage: Yes
- Custom Balance: Off
- Random Stage Selection: Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Town & City (this technically doesn’t matter too much as you shouldn’t be trying to get random stages anyway)
- Character Availability: All characters will be available (Kazuya’s pretty new but he’s been out long enough), except for any Miis the tournament moderators deem offensive
- Tardiness: Players will be given 15 minutes following the posted match times to start their matches before disqualification of absentee players
- Character Changing/Counterpicking: Each player may switch their character before a game. However, players may not enter the getting ready to battle screen to see who their opponent is playing and then back out to switch their own character.
- Technical Issues: Any game that is interrupted by a disconnection for either player or other severe technical issue may be restarted (See Restarting Games). If a player is continuously having issues however they may need to be DQ’d at the discretion of the mods.
- Restarting Games: The Tournament Organizers must be informed of the cause of the issue before restarting any games. The players must attempt to recreate the state of the interrupted game as much as reasonably possible, including but not limited to remaining stocks, damage, and timer (unless both players agree not to recreate the timer).
- Lag Testing: If a match feels particularly laggy you can request a Lag Tester in the Twitch chat or Fragapalooza #smash-ultimate channel in Discord. The Lag Tester will test the connection with both players, and if it seems perfectly fine will tell both to play it out (though it's possible to players may just have an awful connection with each other specifically, and if you feel this is the case you can bring it up and we'll handle it on a case by case basis), and if one player seems significantly laggy will tell them to attempt to get a better connection if possible. Depending on how laggy somebody's connection may be the Lag Testers reserve the right to DQ players on a case by case basis.
- Misinterpretation/Misconfiguration: Games may not be restarted after the initial engagement due to a misinterpretation of the rules OR misconfiguration of game settings. It is the players’ responsibilities to ask the Tournament Organizer for any clarification of the rule set in the event of a disagreement or confusion, and the outcome of a game or set will not be changed after the fact unless under extreme circumstances (ie. a player purposefully changes the ruleset in their favor, or changed a setting such as launch rate, in which case they will be DQ’d)
- Sudden Death: If a game goes to Sudden Death, the winner is determined by stocks and percentage at the time the game ends. If both players are tied in stocks, the player with the lower percentage is the winner. In the event of a percentage tie, or a game in which both players lose their last stock simultaneously, a 1-stock tiebreaker will be played with a 3-minute time limit. The results of an in-game 300% Sudden Death do not count. (If you are unsure of the percents at the end of a game that reached sudden death, save the replay of the game and check the replay)
- Streaming: Players may choose to stream their own matches however they see fit
- Disqualification: The Tournament Organizers reserve the right to disqualify players for (but not limited to) Abuse, Cheating, Collusion, Poor Sportsmanship, Match Fixing, and Illegal behavior
NOTE: Rules subject to change, and will be communicated through Smash.gg and/or Discord channel.
Tournament Announcement! Call of Duty: Warzone Duos Tournament
August 6th 9 PM MDT – 11 PM MDT (or longer)
PC ONLY Hosted Private Game Top three winning teams (staff not included) will receive Amazon gift cards totaling 300 CAD!
NO CHEATING/ HACKING. This includes any wall hack, additional aim assistance, or any anything that is not included in the original version of the game. If there is hacking going on, please record it if you can and if need bee the round will be redone. We would recommend you stream or record your sessions but not required.
Teams must submit scores. There will be a private text chat in discord for your team to submits scores, it will be named your team’s name. At the end of each round the score must be submitted before the start of the next round or it will not be counted. Mention @Overloadu and @Commo in your chat when you have done so.
Have FUN! We are all here for a good time, please keep it respectful and lets play fair.
Format. Three private rounds will be played, your combined scores of those three matches will be tallied and scores posted, link to be provided later, between matches.
Scoring is as follows:
Points per game
Each kill is worth 1 point.
Teams earn points based on final placement and total kills.
1st = 10 Points 2nd = 9 Points
3rd = 8 Points 4th = 7 Points
5th = 6 Points 6th = 5 Points
7th = 4 Points 8th = 3 Points
9th = 2 Points 10th = 1 Point
***NOTE: Any rule changes or updates will be in the Fragapalooza Discord - Warzone - #warezone-rules ***
Map TBD (Based on Sign Ups)