2v2 Starcraft 2
You must Register/Login to signup
Starcraft II 2v2 Tournament Rules And Format
- Any registered and paid participant at Fragapalooza 2011 is entitled to participate in the Official Starcraft II 1v1 Tournament.
- Teams must consist of exactly two (2) players, no substitutions will be permitted.
- All matches will be played using the most recently released version of the game.
- Tournament officials may elect to shoutcast any of the tournament matches
- Players must provide their own valid Starcraft II Battle.net account.
- Any team found using third party add-ons, altered game files, or modified drivers that changes the game mechanics or provides an unfair advantage will be disqualified from the tournament.
- It is the team's responsibility to be aware of, and follow the posted schedule for the tournament. Failure to be available on time or leaving before all your games are played could result in a game forfeit or tournament disqualification.
- Matches have assigned start times, and any team that has not checked in and cannot be found within 15 minutes of the posted time will forfeit that match. Match start times will be updated as the tournament progresses, depending on how quickly we get through the games. It is the team's responsibility to be aware of times of their matches. A general schedule can be found at the head table.
- Two (2) forfeits during the tournament, either intentional or unintentional will be taken as a team's refusal to play and they will be disqualified immediately.
- In the case of battle.net, network, computer or power failure, any affected matches will be restarted from the beginning.
- If a match becomes impossible to determine a winner based on the content of the game play, the match will be restarted from the beginning.
- Either team in a match may restart the match once within the first minute (60s) for any reason.
- Should a game be restarted from the beginning, the new match will be played on the same map with the same races as the aborted match. Should a player have selected a random race for the aborted match, they will then pick the same race as was chosen for them by the randomizer.
- Any Team may dispute the results of one (1) of their matches during the tournament. They must do so immediately upon completion of the match before starting any further matches, and provide the tournament organizers with a replay file and the reason for disputing the match results. The case will then be adjudicated by multiple tournament officials and the results either deemed valid, force a rematch, or reversed entirely at the discression of the tournament officials. The officials may request a replay from any players involved in the match. Since replays are recorded automatically, failing to produce your replay file will likely result in unfavorable judgement.
- There will be no communication (either battle.net or otherwise) with players outside of the game while a match is in progress, and any conversation with an opponent must remain civil.
Double Elimination Round Format
- Signups will be limited to 32 full teams. First come, first served.
- The double elimination round will be a standard double elimination tournament.
- Seeding will be done using sc2ranks.com based on that team's current season 3 performance at the beginning of the tournament
- Double Elimination matches will all be Best Of Three (Bo3).
- The Finals will be Best Of Five (Bo5).
- The map pool will consist of the following:
- Arid Wastes
- Discord IV
- High Orbit
- Monlyth Ridge
- Scorched Haven
- Tarsonis Assault
- Twilight Fortress
- War Zone
- Khaydarin Depths
- Omega Sector
- The Ruins of Tarsonis
- The map for the first game of each Double Elimination match will be randomly selected from the map pool.
- In Bo3 or Bo5 matches, the losing team of the previous game may select the map for the following game. No map may be played more than once in the same match.